PROBLEM: ODYS was in a crisis and risk situation. Their department head was facing litigation. They hired us to create a video to speak for the “at-risk” youth that could not speak for themselves. The kids faced a myriad of problems, including growing up in broken homes, drug usage, dropping out of school, crime and jail. We were targeting the public sector, educators and other government agencies.
SOLUTION: Our creative solution won a national Hermes award and brought the national recognition the department needed. The ODYS won their case and has used this video to educate and increase public support. The results:
• Video brought awareness to the large strides the department had made with these challenged youths.
• Project educated the public sector on who and what ODJF staff does and whom it serves to generate more support.
• Educated audiences about how the troubled youth are given the opportunities of having a fresh start in life. It changed the negative stigma regarding the programs and its participants.
• Generated a sense of pride in the staff who help the kids who get caught up in drugs and crime and to improve local communities.
• Project inspired the kids in the program and audiences at risk there is a way out