PROBLEM: ODYS was in a crisis and risk situation. Their department head was facing litigation and hired us to create a video to speak for the “at risk” youth since they could not speak for themselves. The kids faced a myriad of problems, including growing up in broken homes, drug usage, dropping out of school, crime and jail. We were targeting the public sector, educators and other government agencies.
SOLUTION: Our creative solution won a national Hermes award and brought the national recognition the department needed. The ODYS won their case and has used this video to educate and increase public support.
• The video brought awareness to the large strides the department had made with these challenged youths.
• The video educated the public sector on who and what ODJF staff does and whom it serves to generate more support.
• It educated audiences about how the troubled youth are given the opportunities of having a fresh start in life and to change the negative stigma regarding the programs and its participants.
• It generated a sense of pride in the staff who help the kids who get caught up in drugs and crime and to improve local communities.
• Video inspired the kids in the program and audiences at risk there is a way out